A pair of Platelayers huts in O Gauge

Although not quite finished yet, I thought I would share these laser cut kits I have built and painted this week.

I have tried to give the wood a distressed look rather than a straight weathering. This was achieved by firstly painting them in acrylic brown paint and them scratching a lot off with a scalpel, coating with wood stain and then varnishing. The chimneys were painted and then the bricks picked out with poly filler for the mortar, this was also stained.

DSCF5334

DSCF5333.JPG

DSCF5332

DSCF5335

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s