An O Gauge Stabling Point

This layout was a plan developed my son and myself to enable him to run his O gauge diesels in a relatively small space.

As I am half way through making my late 60’s station layout, any work needed to be done relatively quickly. I decided that it could be done in a fortnight, at least to a runable stage. Any scenic work would/could be left until a later date.

Two 4′ x 15″ laser cut baseboards were ordered and after arrival we put them together on Sunday 11th June. It is now Saturday 24th and I am pleased with the progress,  everything is finished to the point I wanted apart from the isolating sections. only the lack of on/off switches has stopped me from completing the challenge.

The layout will hold up to five shunters and nine mainline loco’s. Any two shunters can be substituted by one mainline loco.

I hope we can finish the layout scenically within three or four months, but that very much depends on the progress with my other layout.

DSCF5358

DSCF5359

DSCF5360

DSCF5361

DSCF5362

DSCF5363

DSCF5364

DSCF5365

DSCF5366

DSCF5368

DSCF5371

Advertisements

2 thoughts on “An O Gauge Stabling Point

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s